Georges St-Pierre has signed contract to fight Michael Bisping

MMA


UFC star Georges St-Pierre posted a photo to social media on Wednesday saying he has signed his contract to face Michael Bisping on Nov. 4. in New York.

The middleweight championship bout, which Bisping (30-7) has also publicly confirmed, is expected to headline UFC 217 inside Madison Square Garden.

“Finally signing my UFC 217 Bout Agreement vs. Michael Bisping for Nov. 4 at MSG,” St-Pierre wrote on Facebook. “Get ready for a big night in NYC!!!”

The UFC has not yet officially announced the 185-pound title fight.

It’s been a long road to book this particular matchup. Bisping and St-Pierre started campaigning for the fight last year, after St-Pierre made it known he was planning a comeback. The 36-year-old Canadian hasn’t fought since November 2013.

The UFC held a press conference in March to announce St-Pierre would challenge Bisping for the title, but UFC president Dana White later said it wouldn’t happen because St-Pierre wanted too much time to prepare. White changed that stance again last month, and confirmed the matchup was back on.

Fighting out of Tristar MMA in Montreal, St-Pierre is a former dominant welterweight champion. He has never fought in the UFC’s middleweight division.

Bisping was briefly linked to a fight against interim middleweight champion Robert Whittaker, and even confronted Whittaker inside the Octagon at UFC 213 last month, but his top choice for an opponent has always been St-Pierre.



Source link

Articles You May Like

Joel Embiid celebrates All-Star nod with a monster effort for the Philadelphia 76ers against the East-leading Boston Celtics
Australian Open Tennis – W2W4
Jeremy Lane of Seattle Seahawks admitted to marijuana use before driving, according to arrest report
Pochettino says draw was a fair result
Todd Frazier, ‘Thumbs Down Guy’ meet at autograph signing

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *